Sunday, December 15, 2013

Another week down

I hate when I sit down to write something, and nothing comes out.  I started to write 3 days ago, and couldn't get past the first sentence.  I try to be witty and concise all at the same time, and sometimes it's an epic fail! 
We managed to get through another busy weekend, it was Christmas parties galore!  Any excuse to dress up works for me.  Then today, we had originally planned to head out to Busch Gardens, it was sunny and not terribly cold.  However, even though we have season passes, we didn't want to drop $120 more on Christmas Town!  I find that kind of ridiculous! I am sure it is fun, and pretty to look at, but honestly I am not altogether sure what all that $120 goes for?  Are there special rides in Christmas Town?  And if my kiddos are that hard up to visit Santa, there are always malls to hit up for free!  Because, did I mention that it is an extra $15-$20 a person to go to Santa's Feast? 
And we are trying to stay on budget this pay period, and save money, since you know we need to have an exorbitant amount for our upcoming adoption.  Instead, we finally went to see Frozen.  Can I just say, we LOVED it!  A-Maz-ING! And the tears... Yes, I may have cried a little.  To see the 2 sisters drift apart, it broke my heart.  I won't give away any spoilers, but the music, and the storyline, so well done.  Kristen Bell played Anna, I had read when it first came out, how she has this amazing voice, and no one knew about it!  She really does have a gorgeous voice. Combine that with Idina Menzel in the role of Elsa, who I adore, it was a talent packed movie.  I highly recommend it, all of us, including our 2 boys, thoroughly enjoyed it. 
Now we are down to 5 days of school until Christmas Break, 4 days to Bookie's birthday, and 9 days until Christmas.  I am so thankful we have the Hubs for all of it this year!  And I am soon to be the mom to a 10 yr old.  Where did all the time go? Talk about tears!

No comments: